We are much different than a THRIFT store because we carry only high-end, current labels or couture pieces in near perfect or new condition. Following is our procedure:
- We accept only seasonal things for men and women (some items are year-round like jeans, certain handbags, belts, sunglasses and jewelry).
- Items must be freshly laundered or dry cleaned (including ski wear). That means no pet hair, missing buttons, broken zippers, cigarette smoke odor, or wrinkled! We especially check cuffs and collars of ski wear and we will send you home to launder them if they have the slightest mark. So please save yourself a return trip by inspecting your items before you bring them in!
- Please have them folded neatly in bags or on hangers.
- Items must be current (within 2 years) that are designer or high-end mainstream labels including sports and western apparel. Some examples include:
Armani, Anthropologie, Arcteryx, Chanel, Free People, Patagonia, Prana, Lululemon, Diane Von Furstenberg, Pucci, The North Face, Quiksilver, Roxy, White Black, Betsey Johnson, Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Lucchese, Double D Ranch, Chicos, Coldwater Creek, Sundance, Citizens of Humanity, Hudson, True Religion, Sevens, Joes, Marc Jacobs, Nanette Lepore, Splendid, Theory, Gucci, Fendi, Burberry, Rozae Nichols, Nicole Miller, Miu Miu, Miz Mooz, Michael Kors, BCBG, Tiffany, Prada, Post Card, Bogner, Skea, Nils, Kjus, Napapijri, Oakley, Smith, Dragon, Electric, YSL, Robert Graham, Ben Sherman, Billabong, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kooba, Juicy, Frye, and any other obscure boutique labels!
Things we don’t take
….And it’s not because we don’t like them, but because we’ve found shoppers are attracted to our store to find deals on a unique treasure, not on something they can find anywhere. Some of the labels that we don’t accept are:
H & M, J Crew, Gap, Old Navy, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Rue 21, Wet Seal, American Eagle, LL Bean, Land’s End, JCPenney, Target (Mossimo), Wal-Mart items and other big box store apparel.
- Please call for an appointment and to find out what season we are taking. It’s best to call first since there are a couple of times of the year (Christmas holiday) or when we become “saturated” that we do not accept drop offs!
- “We will begin taking fall/winter appointments at the end of August ending them the first week of March, and taking spring/summer appointments at the end of March, ending them at the middle of July. Be sure to call for an appointment for the appropriate season.”
- Your things will reside on the floor for 75 days and they will be marked down if they don’t sell right away to keep items moving: after 30 days they are reduced 25%, after 60 days they go down 50%, and at 75 days you can either pick your items up or we will donate them to several worthy causes within the Vail Valley.
- We will give you an expiration date for your items from the date on which you consign them. It is up to you to keep track of your dates in order to retrieve your things by their due dates
- You will receive 45% of the final selling price, whether they sell at full price or get marked down over time.
- You can either receive a check for your items or leave it in the database for store credit. You have up to 5 years to collect your money.
How pricing/payment works
We’ve been in the biz since 2002 and our savvy fashionistas know how to appropriately price most labels and if not, we research them online. If you’ve brought us new items with tags on them, we price them at 50% of retail, otherwise we generally price them 25-40% of retail. Get the most out of your items by leaving the original price tags on them so shoppers can see what you paid for them.